Welcome to Mrs. Gray's Room 17!
Hello! My name is Brenda Gray and this is my 4th year teaching Kindergarten.
I LOVE teaching! I graduated from UNO in 2012 with a degree in Elementary Education and an endorsement in Early Childhood Education I also completed my graduate studies at the University of Nebraska-Omaha and have my masters in Improvement of instruction. I enjoy bringing the community into my classroom. Please stop by Hartman and see the wonderful things that our students are working on!
After the school days are over, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. My husband and I have a 1 year old son, Aidan who many of the kindergartners get to know throughout the year. We love spending time outside, going to Creighton athletic events, and playing with our labradoodle puppy Sawyer and cat Dempsey.
Here are a few beliefs that I have for our classroom. . .
-Students will learn and grow at a developmentally informed pace.
-Teachers will balance high academic expectations with the importance of nurturing the social and emotional development of all children.
-Students will have many opportunities daily to learn through play.
-Students will learn to read, write, listen and speak
Classroom Supplies List for 2016-2017:
(1) framed family photo to keep at school all year long (they will be returned at the end of the year)
(1) pkg wrapped snacks to share with 20 students
(1) package of coffee filters to use for snack cups
(2) EXPO dry-erase markers
(2) 2-pocket folders in solid colors with 3 ring prongs inside
(1) mat or towel for rest time
(4) glue sticks
(1) pair of tennis shoes to keep in their lockers for P.E.
(1) box of Facial tissues
(1) container of Clorox disinfecting wipes
(1) package of quart-size Ziploc bags WITH SLIDERS
We have a busy, but fun, year ahead of us, so get ready to jump right in. Our door is always open, so please feel free to come in and observe any time. If you need to contact me, you can call me at Hartman at (402) 572-1966 or email me at email@example.com, or send a note in your child's blue home-to-school daily folder. Thank you for sharing your child with me.